PERSONAL MINISTRIES DEPARTMENT
Central Jamaica Conference has embraced the concept of the Sabbath School/Personal Ministries, and for this quadrennium will implement holistic programmes that will reflect our mission that of "Proclaiming the Everlasting Gospel as highlighted in the three Angel's Message of Revelation 14" and to "impact communities in preparing for His imminent return". The Sabbath School and Personal Ministries Department which were combined in 1995 were developed to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ, in response to His command and in the context of the three Angels Message of Revelation 14: 6-12.
Their objectives are to win, retain, and train individuals of all ages for service at all levels within the church thereby ensuring their spiritual maturation and inspiring them for soul winning. These objectives of the Sabbath School are reached through the following four areas of emphasis:
- FAITH - Encouraging Spiritual growth through systematic Bible Study, Prayer and the sharing of the word.
- FELLOWSHIP - Fostering a caring and loving relationship among members.
- COMMUNITY - Reaching out to the community to attract non-members to the Sabbath School and Church.
- WORLD - Maintaining a consciousness for the global mission of the church and supporting it by systematic offerings and personal involvement.
Historically the Personal Ministries Department specializes in the following areas:
- Door-to Door Evangelism
- Distribution of Literature
- Giving Personal Bible Study
- Lay Preaching
- Organizing and Running the Community Services Programmes of the Church, including the Welfare Society.
- Organizing and supervising the Annual Ingathering Programme.
- Co-operating with the Sabbath School Department in organizing and overseeing the Sabbath School Action Unit Plan.
- Co-operating with the local Church Pastor in the organization and management of small group ministries and to design programmes and resources to help in development of church growth
IN THE NEWS
CJC launches Lay Workers’ Archive and Recognized Outstanding Lay Workers during inaugural Evangelism Summit
The Personal Ministries Department of the Central Jamaica Conference (CJC) launched a Lay Workers Ar…