Pastor Damian Chambers serves as Director of Communications, Health and also Assistant to the President for Evangelism, Training and Development at the Central Jamaica Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
Pastor Chambers previously served CJC as Religious Liberty Director (2014 - 2016) and District Pastor since 2010. He also served the Clear Park District of Churches (2012 - 2013) and the Kitson Town District (2010-2012).
Before joining Central Jamaica Conference, Pastor Chambers served as Pastor in the Bay Islands of Honduras for one year (2007), Intern Pastor at the St. Ann’s Bay District of Churches and Bible Teacher/Chaplain of the Victor Dixon High School (2003-2004).
He is married to Roxanne Mckoy, a teacher by profession. They have two children, Jaheem Ricardo and Janae Avielle.
His philosophy in life is, “There is no limit to the usefulness of one who, by putting self aside, makes room for the working of the Holy Spirit upon his heart, and lives a life wholly consecrated to God” (E. G. White).
Pastor Chambers is passionate about sharing the gospel using technology, writing and preaching. As Pastor/Evangelist he has led over 400 persons to the Lord in baptism. He has conducted tent and church crusades in addition to training and equipping members for service.
He played an integral role in starting the Kitson Town Evening School since 2010 that has seen hundreds of high school drop outs given the opportunity to earn CSEC subjects.
Pastor Chambers holds an Associate Degree in Business Administration and a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Religion and Theology from Northern Caribbean University. He is also currently pursuing the Masters of Arts in Pastoral Theology through the Inter-American Division Theological Seminary and a Master of Science in Information Systems from the Northern Caribbean University.
Pastor Chambers enjoys writing and has written many articles and devotionals. His devotionals/articles have been published in The Bay Island Voice, The Advance Magazine and on the website - www.devotionaldigest.com.
He is also the author of the Basic Bible Doctrines Bible Study Guides, which is currently being used by the Central Jamaica Conference Bible School and the Special Study on the Righteousness of Christ, which is published by the Inter-American Division.
Pastor Chambers has hosted the following radio programmes:
- 1. ‘Morning Manna’ on Love 101 F.M. Fridays at 5:45 AM on behalf of the Central Jamaica Conference (2011 to 2014).
- 2. Lifeline on N.C.U. F.M., Sundays at 8:00 a.m (2014 to present).
- 3. Devotional Digest. A 10-12 minute devotional programme on N.C.U. FM (started January 2017).
Pastor Chambers also enjoys computer programming as a hobby.
Some of his major projects include:
- 1. ChurchMembership 1.0 - A Church Management Software that is used to manage membership and treasury records for the church. It is used by many churches in Central Jamaica Conference (CJC) since 2013.
- 2. Developed the Content Management System (CMS) for the CJC website that is also adopted by three (3) other Conferences - West, East and North East Jamaica Conferences.
- 3. Risk Management Web Application for Allegheny East Conference (AEC) that manages the reporting and tracking of insurance claims.
- 4. Employees Directory website for AEC
In his leisure time, Pastor Chambers also enjoys Lawn Tennis, Table Tennis, Football and Cricket.